Name Change Deed

Home | For Individuals | Other Services | Name Change Deed

Talk to our experts

Get started today by requesting an initial consultation.

  • Hidden
  • Hidden

Are you looking to change your name?

If you are over 16 in the UK, you are free to change any part of your name, including your first name, middle names, and surname, at any time. If you wish to enrol the deed with the Royal Courts of Justice, you must be over 18.

In order to prepare a change of name deed, our team will need to know the following:

  • Your existing full name
  • Your proposed new name
  • Full address
  • Marital status
  • Nationality

Crystal Law Solicitors charge a fixed charge of £200 plus VAT to prepare a change of name deed and provide you with certified copies of the deed to present to the relevant organisations (such as the passport office, DVLA, banks and building societies etc.) so they can update their records, which is usually satisfactory. You can choose to enrol the deed with the Royal Courts of Justice for an additional charge set to the Royal Courts of Justice, although this is not compulsory.

Next steps

Talk to our expert solicitors and find out how we can help.

Why Crystal Law?

Our team are here to make the law crystal clear.

Our expert solicitors have a wealth of experience, bourne from years of helping 1000s of clients located across the UK on a wide variety of legal matters.

With our extensive knowledge and understanding across many key areas of UK civil law, we're able to provide bespoke legal advice that's tailored to your circumstances.

We know that the law can feel extremely complex and we are there to guide our clients with our down-to-earth approach and jargon-free legal advice.