UK Settlement

Talk to our experts

Get started today by requesting an initial consultation.

  • Hidden
  • Hidden

Need help securing settled status in the UK?

Crystal Law can assist you with all types of UK settlement, and offer honest advice every step of the way.

Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR)

Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) is a form of settlement available to overseas nationals. Typically, you must have spent at least five years in the UK before you can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain, though in certain circumstances you can apply after three years of residence in the UK, or even two. 

British Naturalisation

Naturalisation is a legal process through which someone changes their nationality. Successful applicants for British naturalisation are officially considered British citizens internationally, and carry all the same rights, both nationally and internationally, as anyone born in the UK. We offer services to make this process smooth for you.

Spouse Visa to ILR

If you hold a Spouse Visa, you could be eligible for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK. If you are a non-EEA or Swiss national, you can gain the right to remain in the UK by marrying a British Citizen, or a person with settled status in the UK. Through this process, you will be granted a Spouse Visa. Once you are living in the UK with your spouse or partner, you may wish to make your position more permanent. You can achieve this by gaining ILR from a Spouse Visa. ILR, or, Indefinite Leave to Remain, allows you to settle in the UK permanently without being tied to regulations.

British Passport 

Applying for a British Passport is the last step of your UK citizenship journey. You can use this document to prove your status as a British national. You can submit your British Passport application process once you have become a British citizen. This document will let you prove your status as a UK national, either after registration or naturalisation. A passport is a travel document that will allow you to enter and leave the country free from immigration controls. 

Hong Kong British National Overseas Visa

A new immigration route in the UK has opened for Hong Kong nationals with British National Overseas status. The Hong Kong British National (Overseas) Visa is a new UK visa route that opened in January 2021. The new path is available for all British national living overseas. The visa route allows British National Overseas citizens in Hong Kong to come to live, study or work in the UK. 

Next steps

Talk to our expert solicitors and find out how we can help.

Why Crystal Law?

Our team are here to make the law crystal clear.

Our expert solicitors have a wealth of experience, bourne from years of helping 1000s of clients located across the UK on a wide variety of legal matters.

With our extensive knowledge and understanding across many key areas of UK civil law, we're able to provide bespoke legal advice that's tailored to your circumstances.

We know that the law can feel extremely complex and we are there to guide our clients with our down-to-earth approach and jargon-free legal advice.