Unpaid Wages

Talk to our experts

Get started today by requesting an initial consultation.

  • Hidden
  • Hidden

Are you worried that your employer owes you money?

If your employer owes you money, and you seek to recover what you are owed, Crystal Law can help. 

There are various kinds of money your employer may owe you. These include:

  • Unpaid wages
  • Notice pay
  • Redundancy pay
  • Holiday pay
  • Sick pay

The most common are unpaid wages and unpaid holiday pay.

What do I need to prove that my employer owes my money?

If you’re owed wages, there are certain things that you’ll have to prove. Having the correct paperwork ready to take to your employment solicitor is the best way to jump-start your case and get you one step closer to claiming back your wages. Wage slips, timesheets and bank statements proving you didn’t receive the money will help your case immensely. If you don’t already have your payslips, you can request them from your employer. It is your legal right to a payslip and if they don’t comply, they are breaking the law.

Is there a time limit to re-cover money from my employer?

Making a request in writing may not be possible where the three-month minus one-day time limit for recovering the money through an Employment Tribunal is due to expire. The deadline for recovering wages is three months minus one day from when the money was owed. This is usually the last day that the money could have been paid to the worker legally.

Next steps

Talk to our expert solicitors and find out how we can help.

Why Crystal Law?

Our team are here to make the law crystal clear.

Our expert solicitors have a wealth of experience, bourne from years of helping 1000s of clients located across the UK on a wide variety of legal matters.

With our extensive knowledge and understanding across many key areas of UK civil law, we're able to provide bespoke legal advice that's tailored to your circumstances.

We know that the law can feel extremely complex and we are there to guide our clients with our down-to-earth approach and jargon-free legal advice.